Business Networking and Collaboration with the Council for Supply Diversity
“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships” – Michael Jordan.
In his quote, the former professional basketball player prioritizes teamwork for a better success rate. Same goes for the business fraternity. Businesses and people collaborate to work towards the same goal of taking their business to a new level.
Here is a quick overview of what this blog will be about:
- Business networking.
- Business collaboration and why is it good for your business in the long-run?
- Role of Council For Supply Diversity in networking and collaboration for diverse business owners.
Business Networking is meeting and establishing long-term relationships with other business owners. It involves meeting new people and other business owners who can have a direct or indirect impact on your business growth. Your business network can include people from or outside of your industry/niche. This network can include friends, family, colleagues, business connections, and people from the social network.
Collaboration is a powerful tool and a key to long-term business growth. People or business owners collaborate to assist or potentially help each other to grow their business to a new level. With collaboration, you turn your business connections into your business partners. It is like forming an alliance with other businesses for the mutual benefit of all the parties involved.
Why is collaboration good for your business in the long-run?
Business networking and collaboration are connected in a way that one needs to be accomplished to achieve the other. As you build a strong business network in or outside of your industry, you open doors of opportunities to collaborate with other diverse businesses. The right collaborations have a significant impact on your business.
Let us see some of the reasons why collaboration is important to your business in the long run.
- Maximize on each other’s strengths. No doubt crowdsourcing is a popular term when it comes to working towards the same goal. Likewise, Collaboration lets you leverage each other’s strengths for maximum business growth. When businesses collaborate, they leverage the talent of all the parties involved. What one person is unable to achieve on his own, two or three have a better chance of doing it successfully. This way companies can have a higher success rate with equal help from each and every member within the collaboration.
- Develop Better Ideas. When businesses collaborate, brainstorming sessions make different minds cultivate better ideas. When more people work on a similar problem, they have a better chance of finding the best solution. That is why, irrespective of the industry, collaboration lets people produce the best results and develop better ideas.
- Make Greater Progress. When people collaborate with the sole purpose of growing their business threefold,
- They work more efficiently
- They leverage each other’s talent
- They develop new and innovative ideas
Collaboration is undoubtedly an effective and powerful tool to make greater progress in the business.
Role of Council For Supply Diversity in networking and collaboration for diverse business owners
“Don’t focus on you, focus on what you can give others.” – Daymond John, author of The Brand Within The Power of Branding from Birth to the Boardroom (Display of Power Series)
We, at Council, conduct regular networking sessions for our members and diverse business owners. These diverse business owners include:
- Women-owned businesses
- Minority-owned businesses
- Veteran-owned businesses
- Black-owned businesses
These networking events are a great resource for business owners to meet other businesses and suppliers. They are also a powerful resource for probable collaboration between businesses and suppliers.
Networking During Covid-19
For the safety of our members amid the ongoing pandemic, we are not conducting face-to-face networking sessions. Rather, we are concentrating on online networking between the members.
Register as a Diverse Business Enterprise
Give your business a boost on a budget. Turn connections into collaborators and build successful businesses together.
Register with the Council for Supplier Diversity and give your business the fuel it needs to grow while also benefiting the community. Everyone wins. Registration is only $200/year and gives you access to all services the Council has to offer. Contact us to learn more.