– Michael Jordan
Networking looks a lot different now than even one year ago, and while everyone is adjusting to a new normal we’re highlighting the importance of still making and maintaining your business connections. In this blog we’ll share our thoughts on:
- Business networking as a whole
- Business collaboration and why is it good for your business in the long-run?
- Role of Council For Supply Diversity in networking and collaboration for diverse business owners.
Business networking is meeting and establishing long-term relationships with other business owners. It involves meeting new people and other business owners who can have a direct or indirect impact on your business growth. Your business network can include people from or outside of your industry/niche, and can include friends, family, colleagues, business connections, and people from the social network.
Collaboration is a powerful tool and a key to long-term business growth. People or business owners collaborate to help each others’ business grow to a new level. With collaboration, you turn your connections into business partners forming an alliance based on the mutual benefit of all parties involved.
Why is collaboration good for your business in the long-run?
Business networking and collaboration are interconnected and almost interdependent. As you build a strong business network in or outside of your industry, you open doors of opportunity to collaborate with other diverse businesses. The right collaborations can have a powerful impact on your business. Here are a few of the long term benefits:
- Maximize on each other’s strengths. Collaboration lets you leverage each other’s strengths for maximum business success. When businesses collaborate, they leverage the talent of all the parties involved. What one person is unable to achieve on his own, two or three have a better chance of doing it successfully.
- Develop Better Ideas. Bringing a group of different minds together helps cultivate better ideas. When more people work to solve a problem, they have a better chance of finding the best solution. That is why, irrespective of the industry, collaboration produces the best results.
- Make Greater Progress. When people collaborate with the sole purpose of growing their businesses, the outcome is threefold:
- They work more efficiently
- They leverage each other’s talent
- They develop new and innovative ideas
Collaboration is undoubtedly an effective and powerful tool to make greater progress in the business.
“Don’t focus on you, focus on what you can give others.”
– Daymond John
Author of The Brand Within The Power of Branding from Birth to the Boardroom (Display of Power Series)
Networking During Covid-19 with the Council
In the past we’ve conducted regular networking sessions for our members and diverse business owners. These diverse business owners include:
- Women-owned businesses
- Minority-owned businesses
- Service Disabled Veteran-owned businesses
- LGBTQ-owned businesses
These networking events were a great resource for business owners to meet other businesses and suppliers. They were also a powerful resource for probable collaboration between businesses and suppliers.
For the safety of our members amid the ongoing pandemic, we are not conducting face-to-face networking sessions. Rather, we are offering a number of virtual Educational and Personal Development programs that are a good opportunity for networking during the pandemic. Contact us to learn more.
Register as a Diverse Business Enterprise
Give your business a boost on a budget. Turn connections into collaborators and build successful businesses together.
Register with the Council for Supplier Diversity and give your business the fuel it needs to grow while also benefiting the community. Everyone wins. Registration is only $200/year and gives you access to all services the Council has to offer. Contact us to register.